The COSIP program’s (Compte de soutien à l’Industrie des Programmes Audiovisuels, a specific program to support television programs) selective funding mechanism (investment subsidy) organizes the examination of projects for prior comment and approval by a professional committee. It is aimed at three types of project:
- Projects sponsored by new companies or companies that do not have an automatic funding account.
- Projects presented by producers that have an automatic funding account but are subject to the committee’s comment and approval because of the low cash contribution from the broadcaster(s) (< €6000 an hour).
- Projects subject to the committee’s comment and approval with a view to classifying their genre
Companies and associations eligible for the selective funding system:
- Must not be controlled (within the meaning of Article L.233-3 of the French Commercial Code) by a company that has an automatic funding account.
- Must be independent of all television channels (within the meaning of Article 11 of French Decree no.2001-609 of 9 July 2001).
Works eligible for the selective funding system:
- The works must be the subject of a financial contribution by one or more French broadcasters (authorized national or local French terrestrial, cable or satellite channels or those holding CSA Agreements) in the shape of an advance purchase and, where applicable, coproduction. This financial contribution must be clearly stated in an agreement.
- The programs must be funded by a French contribution equal to at least 30% of their final cost, and at least 30% of that cost must be expenditure on production operations carried out in France (50% when the French contribution to the work’s funding is greater than 80%).
The overall funding support granted by the COSIP may not exceed 40% of the final cost of the work (or of the French share if the work is an international co-production). The total amount of funding support granted by the State, any of its establishments and local authorities may not exceed 50% of the final cost of the work (or of the French share if the work is an international co-production).
More information on : www.cnc.fr